From June 1st 2015, Mashape will handle the billing and maintain the endpoints that you connect to when using the Company Check API. The deprecated Company Check API will not be supported after 13-07-2015.
The deadline has now been extended until July 31st
What you need to do now
This document aims to help you transition from the existing system to Mashape.
- Go to mashape.com and create an account
- Click 'Consume this API' here
- Subscribe to an appropriate plan*
- Go to your dashboard and connect to the API
- Click 'Get the Keys' to acquire your Application key**
* If you have already paid for an API plan then we have created a bespoke plan just for you. Once signed up to Mashape, email email@example.com with your Mashape username and we will invite you to your plan.
** You will send your Application Key as an X-Mashape-Key HTTP header.
If you are an existing, pre-Mashape API client, you will send your Application Key instead of your apiKey URL variable. It is not necessary to include both.
Full documentation of these endpoints and their required arguments is at the API homepage: https://www.mashape.com/companycheck/company-check
We also advise that you read the pages in this section of the Mashape documentation specifically the parts about Creating an Application and Consuming an API.
What has changed
- The domain name will be companycheck.p.mashape.com rather than companycheck.co.uk
- /api is removed from the beginning of the URL path
- Authentication is performed via an X-Mashape-Key HTTP header instead of an apiKey URL variable
In terms of XML/JSON return types, /api/company and /api/json/company are both now on the companycheck.p.mashape.com/company endpoint. The default type returned is JSON. You can request an XML or JSON response using the Accept HTTP header:
Accept: application/xml or Accept: application/json
Beyond this you may call the mashape endpoints in the exactly same way as before.
You will also receive the same XML/JSON structure in return and be able to supply company IDs as URL variables just as before.
Billing is now automated and handled by Mashape. You can review your usage or upgrade within Mashape at any time.
Payment details are required for free and paid plans to allow for any overrun on calls - as long as you stay within your plan's limits, you won't ever pay a penny extra!
If you have already paid for an API plan in advance of the switch, we have created a bespoke plan for you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Mashape username so that we can invite you to your new plan!
What is Mashape?
Mashape is a Cloud API Marketplace used by over 140k developers worldwide. Alongside Company Check you can explore APIs from thousands of businesses including Virgin, Amazon, Spotify and NASA.