In general the filing requirements for Norwegian companies are the same - independent of the size and type of company (there does exist a few exceptions which are not listed here.)
Small to medium enterprises (SME)
To be a small company, at least two of the following conditions must be met:
- Annual turnover must be NOK 60 mill. or less;
- The balance sheet total must be NOK 30 mill. or less;
- The average number of employees must be 50 or fewer.
Large companies include:
- Public companies
- Accountable companies with shares, primary capital certificates or bonds quoted on the stock exchange, an authorized market place or another equivalently regulated foreign market.
- Other accountable companies if regulations are set by the department.
SME and large companies must file:
- the abbreviated profit and loss account;
- the full balance sheet;
- a special auditor's report;
- the directors' report; and
- Notes to the accounts.
All companies not claiming an exemption must file:
- a profit and loss account (or income and expenditure account if the company is not trading for profit);
- a balance sheet signed by a director;
- an auditor's report signed by the auditor (if appropriate);
- a directors' report signed by a director or the secretary of the company;
- notes to the accounts; and
- Group accounts (if appropriate).